Site Approach & Purpose
Importance of Context
Spirituality in America
Foundation of Religions
8 Ultimate Issues - Premises
What is Truth and the Path
Do We Need a Fresh Theology?
Premise Regarding Christianity
Why Care About Myth?
The Saturnian Scenario
Man's Enshrined Ignorance
Site Section Links
Aspects of Jesus
5 Gospels of Canon
Misc Ancient Myth Material
1994 Velikovsky Symposium
Misc Biology Lins
Poetry & Fun Material
PDF Download Files
Lecture & Video Links
Spiritual Products online store
"Mankind cannot live in
constant fear of horrors that may hurtle at him from the sky, but
neither can he walk about complacently in a false security that his
science and technology can protect him from the inviolable, albeit
often undiscernible, laws of the universe and their rampaging
off-shoots. No matter how optimistic one may be, perhaps he cannot help
occasionally glancing upward, The rub is that with most of the hurtling
horrors, from black holes to comets, ducking won't help." B. Steiger, "Hurtling Horrors from Outer Space,"
Man's World, Oct. 1974, Vol. 20, no. 5, p. 52
Why the Saturnian Scenario?:
Some Personal and other relevant considerations
I am a critical thinker, a scientist, and am not a credulous person.
Falsity and misinformation are repugnant to me, and I consider belief in
such to be insidious, dangerous and evil to both the person and society.
The very last thing I want to do is to promulgate further confusion or
nonsense. I don't believe in modern astrology, Alien Abductions, Reverse
Speaking, Fortune-telling the Future, Transubstantiation, etc., a long
list of esoteric and ill-supported constructs that are proposed, promoted,
and accepted by numbers of other people.
Then Solomon built a high place for Chemosh,... and for Molech. 1 Kings 11:7
On the other hand, I have believed in and actively supported the
Saturnian Reconstruction Scenario for more than the last 30 years. I
have had to ponder much and challenge often as to why I was convinced
before a handful of people considered it credible, even before there was
a partially settled model, before there existed a physics and orbital
dynamics to support any plausible model, before more than a few of the
problems were worked out, before much of the very considerable myth
correlation work that has been done since. Now I am happy and satisfied that
these supports have been developed, but why DID I take this
obstreperous position at that time? Here is a list covering the primary
- I have always accepted a paradigm of human devolvement versus
- The Old Testament narrative starts with there being two light
generators, two suns in the sky. The text does NOT refer to the
- In the Old Testament, chief gods were El, Moloch, Chemosh,
and these names and other titles referred to the planet Saturn.
- Because I had learned that the chief planet god of virtually all
ancient cultures was Saturn.
- Because down through the ages various and sundry cultures
sacrificed men, women and children to gods that were Saturn.
- Alexander Hislop, in The Two Babylons, convinced me that
Roman Catholicism was patterned after Saturn Worship. I later
learned in a much wider scope that many or most of the aspects and concepts of God of the major religions came
from ancient Saturn worship and mythology.
- Ancient people worshipped the Pantheon of planet gods, first
Saturn, Mars, Venus and then later Jupiter and the sun.
- What used to be the most important day of the week was named
- Sunday as the Lord's day transitioned from The Sabbath as Saturn's
- The Greek names for Saturn were Kronos and Chronos, the latter
being the root for our words regarding time and timekeeping, and a
new and powerful explanation for why Saturn is known as "Father
Time" or the Father of Time.
- I could see that some of the most unacceptable concepts of God
were patterned after a stationary central luminary.
- I was already convinced that the gas giants of the solar system
are basically low powered stars.
- The Saturnian Scenario provided an explanation for the
introduction of a night of complete darkness, and the associated
fear. This never made sense to me as a purposeful creation.
- Velikovsky opened up serious consideration of this scenario with
his unpublished manuscript listing some major pertinent aspects, and did so
without even a model.
- I have never taken the pronouncements of mainstream cosmology as
- At the time, I somewhat intuitively knew that the dinosaurs
could not exist in our gravitational environment of today.
- Although it may have gone some way towards adapting, I could see that the human body was neither designed for, nor
did it develop in, our current gravitational environment.
- There was always a plethora of reasons to be convinced that something
was seriously amiss with the proposed reconstructions of the ancient
- The planetary catastrophic paradigm provided a completely
different explanation for the origin of belief in devils and demons,
hell and hellfire.
- I was already convinced that there had been a literal Golden
Age, the essence of the myth of the Garden of Eden, the Isle of
Avalon, the Age of Perfect Virtue, etc.
Since that early adoption, almost all of the blanks and missing pieces
have been filled in to my satisfaction, and the overall scenario has been confirmed
by the standard used in every USA courtroom, that being, beyond a reasonable doubt. See
The Third Story