Advice on Intoxication
Ancient Explosion Reports
Annals of Addiction
Some Atheist Questions
Can We Agree on these?
Critique of A New Earth
Dead Broke Dads
Faith in Biblical Codes
Flying in Formation
John the Baptist
The Brothers Karamazov
How the World Will End
Importance of Catastrophism
Importance of Discussion
Kahlil Gibran on Law
Euhemerism & Catastrophe
EU/Catastrophe & Philosophy
Thoughts on Meditation
Model for Visions & Dreams
Some Pertinent Parables
Perspective on Myth
Questions Better than Answers
The Road to Saturn Thesis
Sex Bias in Medicine Practice
Spiritual versus Material
Symbolism of Human Body
Tobacco Corruption in AMA
Toxic Metals & Criminality
Unity Agreement Outline
The Velikovsky Debate
Unity Church Letter
The Velikovsky Affair Journals
What is a Prophet?
This page is still under
Still, instead of trusting what their own minds tell
them, men have as a rule a weakness for trusting
others who pretend to supernatural sources of
knowledge. - Schopenhauer
Questions are Better than Answers:
The Right Questions Always Precede the Right Answers
Caveat: Most of these questions are binary, where the answer is clearly
one or the other.
"Just for a moment, imagine
that there really is a supreme being who created all things, including
the human race. Would he (or she or it) give you such a highly developed
brain and then punish you for using it?" - Richard Dawkins
"Would the most advanced
life-form in the universe devise such grand concepts as DNA, nuclear
fusion, and quantum mechanics and then spend all eternity fussing about
whether you regularly sing to him, vote against gay marriage, or accept
on faith that Earth is only 6,000 years old when there is a mountain of
evidence to the contrary?" - Richard Dawkins
Since God ostensibly created these human
beings that seek him, endeavor to understand him, and seek to have a relationship
with him, shouldn't he have created them with the
potential to succeed at this?
Why would this "God" answer some
very trivial prayers and let millions of other praying humans be
captured, imprisoned, burned
at the stake, gassed, dismembered, disemboweled, decapitated, shot, and/or otherwise
tortured and killed?
Since God is supposed to know
everything that will happen in the future, why didn't he create a reality
where sin and evil would not arise?
Why are the Christian church's
leadership roles overwhelmingly the province of males, and yet the
congregations are about 60% female in composition?
Why would the slaughter, and
sacrifice by burning, of innocent animals mollify or placate God when he is angry?
Why would "God" generally rely
upon flawed, fallible human agents–prophets and priests, etc.–as an
intercessor in his communication with us? Doesn't this introduce enormous
risks for subversion, oppression, predation, misunderstanding and other
mischief, which we are constantly seeing?
Why did "God" design the female
sex structure to be between the two sewage outlets, where it would be
subject to a greater incidence of contamination and disease?
How can "God" legitimately say that his mercy
endures forever, when according to popular Christian belief he is going to burn people alive forever?
Why did "God" create so many
vicious animals, poisonous reptiles, venomous sea creatures, dangerous
vectors and carriers of disease, and troublesome insects?
Why do we have so many agents of disease,
such as parasites, fungus, bacteria, microbes, viruses, etc.
Why are we subject to so many
genetic and hereditary problems?
Why would "God" turn loose upon
rather helpless humans a vicious superior being like what the Devil is
thought to be?
Why was it reasonable to pit Eve, the newest, most innocent
and ignorant being, against Satan, the oldest and wisest being?
Why does the human male sexual
interest and drive peak during his teenage years, long before he has a
chance of being ready for a benevolent, mature relationship?
Why is the human habitat, the
earth, so prone to natural catastrophes such as earthquakes, hurricanes,
tornadoes, droughts, volcanoes, floods, intersecting comets and asteroids, etc.,
from which we cannot protect ourselves adequately?
Why would a caring, loving
merciful systems designer that eschews the suffering and destruction of
life forms create the violent predatory competition system of nature
known to be "red in tooth and tong"?
Why did the vaunted Creator
create humans with legitimate, intrinsic needs and desires that cannot be realistically
fulfilled in our reality?
Why is there a multitude of
similar questions that can be asked?
If the Bible is the vessel of
God's revelation to us, why is it so full of contradictions, enigmas and
Why did Jesus disagree with so
many traditional concepts or aspects of the Mosaic Law?
Why are the translations
always so wanting and behind the times?
Why is it that the Gospel of
John—the single eyewitness account of the life and ministry of Jesus—so
out of sync with the other Gospels and the balance of the New Testament?
Why didn't God give a nudge to the typesetter who left
out the word "not" in the seventh commandment of the KJV Bible
published in England by Barker and Lucas in 1631?
- Given that I did not design myself, my wants and needs–the sum total
of my aspects, traits and characteristics both physical and
spiritual–and didn't ask to be born, why do I have to struggle so hard
to measure up or to get fulfillment?
- Is the Universe (the cosmos or
system of all of reality) set up or structured for me to win and succeed by
MY definition of succeeding, that is, is it set up for me to get what I
really–naturally, intrinsically, legitimately–want and need?
- Do I have to
change or adjust my deepest desires and needs to try to match what is offered?
- Does the physical universe have its ground of being in intelligence and
- Do intelligence and will have their ground of being in the material
- Which is these is the ordinate, greater or primary realm of reality? Spiritual reality, which includes the non-material: intelligence, will,
attitude, the humane qualities of love, compassion, romance, kindness, mercy
and grace, anger, frustration, knowledge, etc.? Or physical reality
consisting of the material universe, matter, dimension and motion–that which
we can measure with physical equipment?
- Does the creative agency of the universe care enough about us (its/his
creation) and our unhappy condition to at least communicate with us in a
special way (theism in contrast to deism) that can be meaningful and
effective for an imminent resolution of the human condition?
- Does the J-person qualify to be that revelation?
- If so, how and why does he qualify?
Foundation of Value
- Does ultimate worth and value lie in the individual, or does it lie in
something else, such as in organizations, institutions, sets of codes,
physical and ethical laws, etc.?
- Should individuals primarily serve the
cosmos, the organization or the agencies, OR should these entities primarily
- Do organizations derive their value from serving
individuals, or do individuals derive their value from serving organizations?
- Does the Creator derive his value from serving his children, or do
his children derive their value from serving him?
Equality and Peership
- CAN the creator offer to us equality and peership, or is the creator trapped
in the box of being "other", superior, and relating to us as inferiors?
the creator offer to us equality and peership, or is the creator too
egocentric, too afraid, or too alien to completely share with us those
aspects and qualities that would enable us to choose to be equal and accept
and receive equality?
- Is the nature of reality such that love is always a win/win situation?
does love sometimes demand sacrifice?
Morality and Ethics
- Are morality and ethics the same thing?
- Are ethics and morality related to a
"code" or set of laws?
- Or is morality determined by that which ultimately
increases morale without violating ethical principles?
- Does God deal in laws, or does he deal in principles?
- Are rules EVER valid, or are the principles what is valid?
- Should we EVER operate from rules, or ALWAYS operate from
Source of Evil
- Is evil a necessary part of reality?
- Was it intended and created by the
- Was evil guaranteed to arise at some point in God's creation?
- If so, what is its role, and do we have to live with it forever?
- Or was evil introduced into experiential reality in some other way?
Mankind or some other agency?
- Was it some form of disobedience, or was it a breakdown of unity?
- Was evil introduced by doing something
wrong, or was it a FAILURE to do something?
- Did evil begin with a deed or a feeling of envy or jealousy, or did
it begin with a false concept?
Truth and the Path
- Metaphorically, if the truth walked up to you and shook your hand, how would
you recognize it?
- "The truth will set you free." Free FOR what?
- "The truth will set you free." Free FROM what?
- The J person characterized the path to the truth as the narrow way that few
find. Is a narrow path a good thing?
- Does our pathway to the truth go through the inside?
- In seeking the truth, are we on our own, or is there an agency we can trust
to lead us?
- Can we actually help each other, and if so, how or in what way?
- Is the pathway a mystical one whereby we set
aside our rational faculties, empty ourselves of not only the influences of
other people but of ALL of the influence and information that comes to us
from the external world of experience, and expect ourselves to be infused
with the truth?
- Is this even possible and can anyone actually do this?
is this the exact opposite of what the Creator of our rationality, logic and
reason desires and expects?
- Is there a universal, structured way to go
about determining truth?
- Do I trust myself to determine the truth?
- To what extent can I trust others to help me do
- Is it ever legitimate for the authority or agency leading
us–sometimes referred to as the Holy Spirit– to inject us with the truth, or pressure us, or overwhelm us with
- OR, does this agency with rare exception simply lead us into
learning situations where we can exercise our volition to choose and
Knowledge of Self
- Is the ancient admonition is to "know thyself" primarily directed to knowing
our strengths and weaknesses?
is it to know what we want and need?
- If one can't stand or manage to get to know oneself in these
regards, is there any point or hope of struggling on toward the finish?
Meaning and Context
- Can there be any valid meaning to information without the proper context?
- Isn't what we intrinsically want and need ALWAYS a central part of spiritual
- Isn't the human condition generally a big part of the context for
- Why would we want to talk about something depressing that
we can't do anything about?
- Is spiritual growth and welfare ever promoted by law and legalism?
- Is spiritual growth promoted by trying to grow?
- Is spiritual growth and welfare promoted by a vision of the future
that appeals to everyone's self interest?
- Is spiritual growth and welfare promoted by beholding the elegance
and compelling beauty of the character of the human Creator as revealed
- Do we need to be concerned about our environment for spiritual
- Is spiritual growth characterized by people becoming more religious
- Or is spiritual growth characterized by people becoming more genuine?
- Without taking the final spiritual growth step regarding the centering of
authority and thereby internalizing it, can a person deal genuinely with the
- "Be ye mature, even as your father in Heaven is mature."
Is this a requirement for concrete salvation and entering the Kingship,
or is it a promise of the end result?
Claim of Jesus
- Is the claim of his the most sweepingly arrogant, megalomaniacal, and
specious one it is possible to make. or is it simply true?
- Is there any
- Does the pattern and content of his life and death endorse
this claim fully, or doesn't it?
Mission of Jesus
- Did Jesus come to the earth intending to be crucified?
- Or was that the backup plan if his message and truth failed to take
- Did Jesus come to the earth with a complex theological message or with
- Was his claim simple, direct, and staggering because it
was: "I am the way (the paradigm), the truth, the light and the life
source" or was it a more mundane one?
- Was his message ultimately authenticated by the content of his
words, by a demonstration, or both?
- Were his
words and demonstration intended to adjust or correct just some of the
existing religious thinking?
- Or were they designed to cut
through and set aside almost all existing or traditional theology or religion?
Guile and Hypocrisy
- Didn't Jesus reserve his most intense disapproval for hypocrisy, not
murder, rape, armed robbery, sexual indiscretions, or other fallible human
- Was his definition of hypocrisy pretension or was it lacking in
judgment and critical thinking?
- How can this emphasis of his possibly be valid?
Self as Foundation
- Given that they did NOT make ancient sacred writings or tradition the
cornerstone of their thinking but rather the internal self reference point,
did the framers of the US constitution make a serious mistake when they
stood up as a group and said, "We hold these truths to be self evident"?
it legitimate to say that any external source of truth may not override the
internal reference point but only supplement, clarify, or resonate with it?
Personal Belief System
- Is our belief system more important than any other aspect of our lives?
- Is the issue almost always not THAT we believe but WHAT we believe and
- What should a belief system do for us?
- Any religion or philosophy can be judged as good or evil, positive or
negative, productive or destructive, an asset or liability simply on
this basis: Does it increase the sustenance and enhancement of life, or
does it decrease or interfere with the sustenance and enhancement of
- If it does not impact fulfillment in life it is without meaning,
and then should it not be discarded as an empty husk?
- Is not a good
religion one that promotes good physical and psychological health through
inspiration of purpose instead of recrimination and guilt?
- Is a good religion always intellectually responsible?
- Did your parents, teachers or pastors invite you to challenge their
- Did your parents, teachers or pastors teach you to challenge the
- Or to just accept what they said?
- Was intellectual responsibility ignored, encouraged, featured, or
demanded in your religious education?
- By parents, pastors/priests, or teachers?
- How can we determine how contaminated with falsity we
Healing the Human Condition
- Is the state of truth in the world getting better or getting
- Does anybody still have any hope that the traditional religions,
politics, thinking or paradigms will heal this situation for us?
- With this world being a cacophony of confusion and spiritual
fragmentation, how can we continue to cling to paradigms that have
failed miserably to clarify and bring us into better unity?
Belief, Feelings and Behavior
- In a mature human being, is the ultimate authority for truth
an external agency or the internal reference point.
- How can we not understand that beliefs underpin the feelings and
emotions that inspire and constrain behavior?
- How can we continue to blame fantastical constructs like the
Devil instead of ourselves and what we believe?
- Why is it that so many demeaning and superstitious concepts
of God continue to go unchallenged except by atheists?
- Where would we start in a zero-based reconstruction of our concepts?
- Can we set the stage for a meaningful challenge to existing
theology by squarely looking at the spiritual context in which we find ourselves?
- Can we identify and then deal with the ultimate human issues?
- How better to do this than to examine our own
religion and its conceptual underpinnings?
Planetary Basis for Myth
- Why should we care about ancient mythology?
- Is the ancient mythology surrounding the Saturnian sun
overwhelmingly the general foundation for most concepts of God?
- Why did the
planets, these little pinpricks of light, play such a powerful role in the
mythical "age of the gods"?
- Were the thunderbolts, the favorite weapon of the gods,
interplanetary electrical discharges?
- What Is the real message of myth?
- Why did the ancient people call the planet Saturn the "best" sun?
- Was the planet Saturn the ancient "best" sun?
- Is the Saturnian Reconstruction a major piece of understanding the
- Is the ancient Saturnian scenario
overwhelmingly the general foundation for most religious content?
- Why did all ancient people at one point in time worship the planet
Saturn as God?