Christendom Challenged Links
Site Section Links
Wilbur and Orville Wright only two years before they put their craft in the air at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina:
“The experiments of 1901 were far from encouraging ...we saw that the calculations upon which all flying-machines had been based were unreliable, and that all were simply groping in the dark. Having set out with absolute faith in the existing scientific data, we were driven to doubt one thing after another, till finally, after two years of experiment, we cast it all aside, and decided to rely entirely upon our own investigations. Truth and error were so intimately mixed as to be indistinguishable.”
28 major Christian Dogmas or Doctrines
contradicted or not
1. Equality - The primary principle concerning our relationship to god espoused by the world’s major religions, including Christianity, is that the creator is superior and transcendent to us as human beings. the J-person put the lie to this by his life, behavior, and message and clearly offered equality to us. His favorite term for himself was "son of man", which means human being. He called us sons, daughters, friends, and after the resurrection called his father our father.
2. Sin - This military word literally means as a verb “to miss the mark”, and as a noun "the distance struck from the mark". Christianity applies this legalistically, meaning to fail to obey the law adequately. the J-person primarily used the Greek word "amartia", which means missing the mark in terms of understanding, and applied it to our concept of God, and secondarily to our communication and behavior that reinforces the wrong concepts.
3. Authoritative Scripture - The J-person made it abundantly clear that we should not be listening to Moses and the prophets, but to him. He quoted ancient scripture in and out of the Torah, the prophets, and the writings canonized by Judaism. And he felt free to disagree with Moses and the prophets.
4. Trinity - The J-person did not teach that there was a trinity of living beings. Such concept and teaching comes ultimately or originally from the trimurti, the ancient trinity of planets seen from earth, i.e. Mars, Venus, and Saturn.
5. Holy Spirit - Whatever the Holy Spirit is, it is not a living being but its role is to lead us into “all the truth” and “teach us all things”, It definitely is not synonymous with Jimminy Cricket, and the word "spirit" should be thought of being primarily equivalent to "attitude", and the Holy Spirit equivalent to "God Spirit" or "God Attitude".
6. The Father - The father of the J-person on earth is NOT another pre-existent individual but is the family of families of all unfallen human beings in the universe, using their collective consciousness as the vessel holding all knowledge and power.
7. Heaven - The J-person primarily used the phrase “kingship of the heavens”, and taught that this was not a place in the universe but a state of being, a state of having fulfillment, empowerment, safety, immortality, equality, unity and society.
8. Baptism - the J-person never baptized anyone with water, and tried to change our concept of this empty and meaningless physical rite or ceremony by claiming that he came to baptize with fire, spirit, and the truth.
9. Ecclesia or Church - Did not the J-person say, "He that hates his life shall find it"? What reasonable person could not hate their life, doomed to age and die, and in such a world of woe? An ecclesia is a group of people so oppressed by the conditions in which they find themselves that they are “called out” by a great need to come together and discuss the issues and make important choices. They do NOT just continue to endure or to wait for change or for some agency to save them. The ecclesia that the J-person was talking about decides to listen to him, understand him fully and follow his instructions, something that has not yet been done.
10. Hell - The word and concept of Hell is a construct of morbid imagination by unhinged religious fanatics and fiction writers, and is not found in the teachings of the J-person. The idea of physical torture from god as punishment for “sinners” on top of the suffering they have already experienced on this earth, the aging and dying “that no man can hope to shun” is barbaric and macabre—so bizarre and absurd that it is a major insult not only to God but to one’s intelligence. Statements made by the J-person which referred to Gehenna, a literal canyon used as a refuse dump where the prophecy was literally fulfilled, are unjustifiably interpreted as Hell. the J-person’ statements about Hades, a word that means “the unseen realm” is also unjustifiably interpreted as Hell. Consequently, Jesus gave NO support for this idea!
11. The Judgment - The first, present judgment on us, the judgment of death, is automatic and cannot be further imposed but can only be avoided. As in, “You will just die in your sins, unless you believe.” Our forefathers inaugurated the judgment on us by their separation from the rest of the unfallen humans in the universe.
12. The Punishment - The punishment of the ages—this does not mean lasting for all time but just means the greatest of all time—takes place after the resurrection, and is the time when, in the full light of truth and understanding, people will judge themselves and suffer the intense agony of regret and remorse according to the full measure of their behavior and impact in this life.
13. Devil - The concept of the devil is not found in the Old Testament, and the New Testament Greek word means divider, accuser, or slanderer. The original devil was the original lie, the IDEA of inequality that started the long slide of our human family to become more and more corrupt, and end in all but hopeless sinful misunderstanding and disempowerment.
14. Angels as superior beings - The word angel means message/messenger, and any real living-being messengers from the unfallen realm would be human even though they be extraterrestrial. Even the passages in the Bible Testaments use angel and man interchangeably. What perverse thinking insists that they belong to a race of superior beings? There is no higher life form in the universe than human.
15. Nature of God - The psyche of the originator of all things is, was, and always will be totally and only human. The false, so-called “dual nature” doctrine is from a misunderstanding that the word “divine” means non-human instead of meaning “healing”. Unfallen humans in the universe are all fully empowered and immortal, but that does not make them non-human.
16. Eternal Damnation - There is nothing that cannot be changed, healed, or cured with the full understanding of the truth about god. The idea of eternal punishment is barbaric and macabre and one of the ultimate manifestations of sin, that being a wrong concept of the character and psyche of god.
17. The Sabbath - The seventh day of rest was initially instituted by man in commemoration of the chief planet god Saturn, the golden age, and the creation of the new age of timekeeping. It was adopted by the Hebrews as a major aspect of their culture and worship posture as a symbol of future restoration. Nothing about this holiday and its manmade strictures has anything to do with any law, requirement or demand from god.
18. Creation - Probably the only being the Creator ever personally created alone was the second human being, a mate. As the number of humans increases in the universe, the level of empowerment and creativity goes up. However, there is no reason to believe that unfallen beings played any role in the creation of animals and the predatory competition system of nature that we experience on earth. The most reasonable position is that fallen, perverse yet still empowered man designed or created these.
19. Parousia/Second Coming - The Parousia was the coming into public prominence of the J-person by his crucifixion and resurrection, the focal point of all time. There will be no return of the J-person as king sitting on a throne in the sky surrounded by ranks and ranks of angels. Such a proposition has no real basis in the words spoken by the J-person, and would be completely counter to the character of god, and would be more in keeping with a grandstand Hollywood type production.
20. Resurrection Agency - Those people that come into unity and inaugurate the resolution of things on earth will choose the order of people being resurrected and will do the resurrecting. This is the business of our human family, not that of the J-person or the rest of unfallen humanity.
21. Marriage Marriage as a legal construct inaugurated by form and ceremony is completely a human institution, and the ethics of such are highly colored and affected by our fallen human condition. Marriage without love is tantamount to adultery, whether or not certain words were spoken or promises made.
22. Rites and Ceremonies Rites and ceremonies are symbolic, and have no efficacy once the reality is understood. These things as currently practiced are empty husks, and serve no purpose other than to entrench sin. A sure sign of a false religion is ritual focus on symbolism.
23. Sacraments The J-person asked the disciples to think about and remember what he said every time they ate and drank after the last supper up until the crucifixion and the resurrection. He did not intend to institute any future ongoing sacraments concerned with foot washing and unleavened bread or wine.
24. Prayer Prayer, as practiced by the man not believing the truth, is demeaning and is little better than begging or an attempt at naked manipulation. This kind of prayer only serves to entrench sin, which is exactly what the J-person told Thomas when he said, "If you fast and pray, you will bring sin upon yourself."
25. Fasting Occasional fasting to improve health may be judicious, but to do so to earn spiritual points or merit is sacrilege, and serves only to entrench sin, a wrong concept of god.
26. Death of the J-person the J-person is not suicidal nor fixated on death as a solution, and he did NOT come to this earth to die. He came to save the cosmos or cosmic system, the universal system of equality, love, trust and unity set up by him in the first place. For this goal, he came prepared to die on earth AS A LAST RESORT. When no one listened with understanding and belief, and the character of god had to be demonstrated beyond all doubt for the entire universe including us, he clearly provoked the unreasonable authorities—Sadducees and Pharisee—into crucifying him. Even he balked at taking this last step without agonizing with the father and checking to see if anything else could be said or done to avoid it.
27. Understanding God Why would the creator create beings with which to fellowship that were incapable of understanding him? Was he incapable of doing this? Isn't understanding what we all desire of friendship? Isn't this the primary requisite of a good relationship? After the J-person came and "showed us the father" and "made him plain", after he said, "And this IS salvation, that they understand you and he whom you have sent", and since "God" put on the great demonstration, the great "Parousia of coming into public display and prominence" culminating at the crucifixion and resurrection, we should be understanding God better than we understand each other.
28. Jesus as eternal center of attention The doctrine that Jesus will be the center of attention throughout all eternity is widespread in Christendom, and another one of the most pernicious doctrines holding sway. Jesus would be revolted by this vision! He may be the most admired and respected person throughout eternity, but he has no desire to monopolize being he center of attention. He may submit to the occasional loving "roast", but probably only once. His gracious character and demeanor have NOT changed from when he was on earth, and his real joy is to revel in the glory of his children. You will always be comfortable and delighted to be in his presence.
Surely, the thinking of most of Christendom is wrong on almost all points!