Dealing adequately with the ultimate issues cannot be undertaken
successfully unless one has taken the inward journey to fully understand and
embrace one's own legitimate needs and desires.
Thisis what we can KNOW unfiltered, firsthand. There IS NO other valid point of perspective! - Michael Armstrong
Simple Mistakes Affecting Christian Knowledge
SMACK: these are SOME of the blatant mistakes.
1. Hades = Hell
2. Gehenna = Hell
3. Sin = transgression of the law
4. Cross as burden, as in “Take up your cross and follow me.”
5. Satan = Devil
6. Personifications of "Father" and "Holy Spirit" by J = real, tangible beings
7. Common sayings of the day and their meanings taken literally
8. Overextending the meaning of what the author meant
9. Faith / Belief = accepting dogma and doctrine
10. Hypocrisy = inconsistent behavior
11. Ecclesia = church
12. WORSHIP = rites, rituals, liturgy and meeting attendance versus to give credit for the origin, and more
especially the sustenance and enhancement of life. Worship is the
opposite of fear.
13. Dogma/Doctrine = truth as best we can know it
14. Commandments = demands of fiat law versus Instructions or Directions
SPIRIT = living entity versus an attitude, an animating or vital principle held
to give meaning to living physical organisms, a temper or
disposition of mind, the activating or essential
principle influencing a person, a special attitude or
frame of mind, a mental disposition characterized by
firmness or assertiveness, the general intent or real
meaning of a communication. Specifically in ontology,
the underlying director of human volition and will.
SPIRITUAL adj: on the opposite end of the spectrum from
physical, it primarily means producing morale, related to
meaningful, pertaining to the realm of theological ideas
and beliefs, relating to intellectual, philosophical and
religious matters rather than mundane or material matters.
THEOLOGY n: the systematic study of and reasonable
interpretation of conceptual information, and possession
of spiritual knowledge and consistent logical extensions
or conclusions primarily about the Creator as subject.
Theology deals with the intangible or initially
unknowable, spiritual truths which one must choose to
believe, and pertains to why as well as how the Creator
relates to the universe and humanity.