"There are a thousand hacking at the
Theology Issues Links
What is a god
Site Section Links
"The greatest achievements of the human mind are
WHAT IS A GOD?
1. What are the intellectually responsible criteria for defining a god?
2. Why do we care?
3. Is there a god that exists whether we want one or not?
4. Does the word “Creator” mean something different from the word “god?”
5. If we do not define the concept in an intellectually responsible way, why is a god relevant?
6. What do we need a god for?
7. What good does having a god do?
8. What would or should a god worthy of the term offer to us?
9. What would a specific person have to offer in order to be considered as god?
10. How would a god be different from us?
11. Would a god be transcendent or superior?
12. Would a god be dangerous to be around?
13. Would a god be an “ideal” person? An ideal human? Ideal for whom?
14. If you met god in person, how would you know? How could you tell?
15. Would a god be perfect? By whose or what standard or criteria?
16. What would it take for you to believe in a god?
17. If one's fundamental concepts of god are wrong, how does one get them right?
18. From where did your concepts of god come?
19. What should or should not a god do to change our concepts to be accurate?
20. Who should answer these question except you?
It is very productive to occasionally re-ask the fundamental questions.
The premise of this site is that the definition of "sin" is that it is a wrong and destructive concept or understanding of "God", of his character, purpose, values and intentions; and that Jesus came to resolve this most fundamental problem--once and for all--for the entire universe.